Data protection law identifies certain categories of personal information as sensitive and therefore requiring more protection. For example, information about health or ethnicity. Where appropriate we may also collect/use this information, but normally only where we have your explicit consent or data protection law allows it, such as to protect the life of an individual participating in a fundraising event. We only aim to collect this type of information when we feel it is necessary in relation to your relationship with us.
How we will use your personal information
We will use your personal information in a number of ways depending on the purposes for which it has been collected, including for the following purposes:
- To provide you with the services or any information you have requested
- To update you about any changes to our services
- To communicate with you as set out in this policy below (including administrative communications as well as communications about our work, services, fundraising and events)
- To administer payments such as donations, including Gift Aid processing
- To display your profile or content on the website (if you have agreed to do so)
- To administer our website and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes.
- To maintain our organisational records and ensure we have your most up-to-date details, including marketing preferences
- To help us improve our services, campaigns or information-offering, and improve your interactions with our website (including via cookies)
- To enable you to participate in interactive features on our website
- To enable you to participate in voluntary surveys or research
- To analyse your website behaviour
- To tailor advertising that is presented to you on the internet according to your interests, preferences and other characteristics, and to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you
- To administer your volunteering or employment application
- To assist in your voluntary or fundraising work, or to run our events
- To deal with enquiries and/or complaints made by or about you
- To audit and/or administer our accounts
- To help us work with third parties to ensure that we send you targeted communications (see “What categories of personal information do we collect?” above)
- To contact you where you have been identified as a contact person for an organisation, such as a school
- To identify relevant networks and other suitable partners for Somsimma.
We always want you to get the most out of our website, so if you do experience any issues with our online forms we may follow up with you to find out how our team can best support you with any problems experienced.